A Technical Director (TD) provides critical support to a show's artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, program and implement new software tools and processes for a particular show or department. As needed, a Technical Director may be asked to do shot work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and development of software tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues mayinclude software and other problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level and Associate Technical Directors.
- Reports to the show's Supervising Technical Director.